Our Vision at St. Anne’s
At St. Anne’s the teaching and learning of P.E and sport is to become an embedded culture where children are inspired to progress and be proud of their achievements. We promote fair play and respect through all sporting opportunities to ensure our pupils enjoy being active.
At St. Anne’s we value the benefits of PE and sports and we aim to build children’s self-confidence, self-worth and self-esteem through the teaching of PE and through opportunities we give to our pupils in different sporting events. We know these opportunities help to build character and they are essential for our pupils’ development.
We encourage children to participate fully in various levels of competition both in and outside of school and help them to become aware of the benefits they get from all aspects of sport from a physical, emotional and social point of view.
Sport Premium Funding
Sport Premium Funding is there to help schools achieve self-sustained improvements in PE and sports.
Our school is using the money to make long lasting changes that ensure the continued development of PE teaching, activities, and opportunities. The goal is to enhance current resources and diversify the range of sports available to pupils.
With this funding, we can ensure every child has the chance to live a fit and active life and they are given opportunities to experience sport at a competitive level.
In the current Sports Premium Action Plan, we breakdown Sport Premium spending. We outline our purchases and how they relate to the 5 Key Indicators of Improvement:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PESSPA (PE, School Sport and Physcial Activity) and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Current academic year – Sports Premium Action Plan- Live document
Swimming Data 2018-19
Previous academic years – Sports Premium Action Plans and Impact Statements
Sport Premium Action Plan 2019-2020